We can’t think of a better Saint Patrick’s Day limited time offer (LTO) for the menu at a pub or sports bar than poutine. The key to a perfectly delicious poutine is golden brown tots and melty cheese. Go easy on the gravy and don’t forget about the green beer for effect.
Lamb Poutine Recipe
– 2 tbsp. Canola Oil
– 1 lb. Lamb Confit (Cuisine Solutions)
– 2 lb. Tater Tots (Dot Foods)
– 2 c. Cheese Curds
– 1 c. Prepared Beef Stock Gravy
1. Warm oil on the stovetop, then sauté the lamb until cooked through (165 degrees at center).
2. Deep fry tater tots and cook until golden brown (or bake in the oven following instructions on the package).
3. Drain tater tots and place in an oven-safe dish. Top with cooked lamb and cheese and place in warmed oven just long enough to melt cheese, 5-7 minutes.
4. Top with gravy and serve immediately.
Browse the FDR recipe archive for more LTO recipe ideas.