‘Tis the season for filling dinners of root vegetables and flavorful meats. That’s right. It’s Christmas!
In this FDR tested recipe we bring you a restaurant-style roast beef recipe using several ingredients by some of our Preferred Vendors, like Cuisine Solutions, White Toque, and Darifair.
Yields 4-5 servings
- 1 lb chuck top blade (Cuisine Solutions)
- 1/4 cup whole grain mustard (White Toque)
- 1/4 cup horseradish sauce
- 2 tbsp cream sauce (Darifair)
- 2 lbs Idaho potatoes
- 4 cups cream sauce (Darifair)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp white pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- In a large stock pot, bring water up to a boil.
- Place beef chuck bag in pot.
- Let cook until internal temperature is 125 degrees F.
- Heat sauté pan over high heat with oil and sear both sides of the beef.
- Let meat rest 10-15 minutes.
- Slice beef to desired size and top off with mustard sauce.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Slice potatoes 1/8” using a mandolin.
- Arrange one layer of potatoes in the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle the potatoes with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Slowly pour cream sauce over the potatoes until the dish is 3/4 full.
- Repeat layering 2 more times, until all of potatoes have been used.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl toss carrot in oil, salt, and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes.