Ideal Space for Food and Beverage Ideation
Our 10,000 square foot culinary innovation center located in Denver, Colorado, will knock your socks off with its amenities that are unparalleled in this region. Along with our passion, creativity, and expertise in on-trend food and drinks, our new facility allows us to better serve clients on every level–from recipe and product development to focus group facilitation. We get you bigger ideas with better feedback, faster than ever before.
Why Did We Create the FDR Innovation Center?
Well, our team of chefs wanted a first-class innovation center in one of the top consumer testing markets in the nation–Colorado. And until now, it didn’t exist! Test kitchens are extremely important to food ideation, restaurant concept development, and food and beverage testing.
In our experience, most outlets come up short. If the kitchen is good, the focus group facilities are lacking, or vice-a-versa. Ask us about the time we had to do the cooking in a parking lot because the kitchen was a bit short of what you’d find in a hotel!
Clean, Spacious, and Technologically Advanced
The dining area has two large loading dock entrances and the test kitchen has modular set-up in order to efficiently change out equipment to match any restaurant’s kitchen. Also, the kitchen is just feet away from our focus group rooms. We can prepare menu offerings like they’d be cooked in a restaurant kitchen and serve them hot to our paid research respondents. And if a change needs to be made to the recipe, we do it right then and there. You’ll get real-time customer feedback.
The focus groups testing area is designed with a viewing room so you can experience first-hand the reactions of focus group members to the food and beverages being sampled. We digitally record the sessions while you watch the sessions on 60” HDTVs in our conference room or community tables in the test kitchen. We also are equipped to digitally stream the focus group sessions to any desktop, tablet, or smartphone.
In addition to the concept development and testing we do at the FDR Innovation Center, we also rent the space to professional chefs and culinary organizations for outside events. Learn more about our test kitchen rental and event space here.
Everything In One Convenient Location
- 10,000 square feet total
- Comfortably accommodates up to 100 people at a time
- Two focus group rooms (13 ‘ x 19 ‘ – 12 seats and 14 ‘ x 16 ‘ – 10 seats) with viewing rooms
- Digital streaming throughout so you can watch/hear all focus group sessions on 60″ televisions or on any desktop, tablet, or smartphone
- Convenient parking lot
- Large loading dock entrances
- Sensory and CLT testing space is equipped with booths that are electronically linked to collect and tabulate feedback on the spot
- Located 30 minutes from Denver International Airport, 5 minutes from Interstate 25, and 2 hours from Vail, Colorado
Full-Service Commercial Kitchen
- Set-up just like a restaurant kitchen which is ideal for food ideation
- Modular set-up to efficiently change out equipment right then and there to match your restaurant’s kitchen
- Walk-in cooler and freezer
- 12 ft. of refrigerated prep/sandwich cooler
- Dry storage
- Commercial dishwasher/pot sinks
- Convection ovens
- Flat tops
- Fryers (open and pressure cook)
- Cheese melter
- 8-top burner
- Convection cooktops
- Impingement ovens
- Ample prep area(s)
Fully-Equipped Test Bar with Seating
- Glass washer
- Keg cooler
- Back bar
- Ice maker
Photography Studio for Styled Food and Beverage Shots
- Fully-adjustable lighting
- Selection of surfaces, plating, and props
- Easy proximity to kitchen
Ideal for More Than Food and Beverage Testing
It’s true that the FDR Innovation Center is an ideal space for food and beverage testing and ideation. However, our testing facility is set-up to accommodate testing in any industry including other CPG companies interested in central location testing and focus groups. Contact us to learn more.